Do you ever feel like you don’t have enough storage in the bathroom? It can be frustrating to dig through drawer after drawer just to find a Q-tip or a certain shade of lipstick. Take heart: No matter how big or small your space, you can make the most of it with the proper organization.
It doesn’t have to be a huge investment, either; there are plenty of clever bathroom storage ideas you can implement without spending a dime. In fact, with the right DIY bathroom storage solutions and smart bathroom organization tips, you can transform your washroom into a more functional, enjoyable space.
To inspire you, here’s a look at some great DIY bathroom storage ideas. Not only are these bathroom storage tips feasible, but they’re also a great way to showcase your style and customize your space.
- Take inventory of your belongings. The first step in organizing is realizing what you have. Remove everything from the shelves, cabinets, drawers and cubbies and take stock. What is yours, and what belongs to someone else? Are there duplicate items that might be shared?
- Declutter. Based on the inventory, choose items to discard, donate or keep elsewhere in your home. Do you truly need four bars of soap in the closet, for example? Could you consolidate that sprawling makeup stash into a single bag? Minimize what you store in the bathroom — pare it down to what you use regularly.
- Look for new storage solutions. Take a good, hard look at your current bathroom layout. Have you established logical storage spaces, or could you add a shelf above the toilet? Is there room for a stand-alone cabinet? If you can add more surface area, it can be easier to fit your items.
- Group similar items together. Once you’ve whittled down to the necessities and identified available storage possibilities, the next step is to organize. Group like items together. Rather than keeping some towels in the vanity and others in the closet, for example, designate a single place — maybe a wall hook or shelf — to put them all. Then, anytime you need one, you know exactly where to go.
- Display your best accessories. Last but not least, have fun decorating your newly organized washroom. Personalize it with themed bottles or trendy bathroom baskets. Any highly visible areas — open shelves, spacious countertops — should house only the products you like to look at each day.
When it comes to DIY bathroom storage, there is a lot you can do on your own. If you want to add a few creative solutions that make better use of your room, however, explore the quality bathroom accessories at Modern Bathroom.