You have to get ready every morning — why not make it fun? From a hot shower to a cup of coffee, there are all kinds of luxuries that can make mornings less miserable; maybe you already rely on some of them. But here’s one more worth waking up for: a playlist that sets the soundtrack for your morning routine! Music is a proven mood-booster and a great enhancement for otherwise ordinary tasks. Plus, playing the same tracks every morning gives you a soundtrack for timing your routine and staying on schedule. When the third track ends, you know you should be out of the shower; when the last song starts, you know it’s time to get dressed.
If you want to know how to create a morning bathroom playlist you’ll love, here are some great tips to try.
Popular Shower Songs to Consider
The best shower songs for you are the ones that you like and that get you in the morning mood you desire. This could include peppy or soothing songs, tunes that remind you of a certain time of your life, or tracks that are all-time favorites. To inspire you with a few ideas, however, here are some popular shower songs:
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go,” by Wham! Released as a single in May 1984, this is considered one of the best songs from the ’80s, written and produced by George Michael.
- “Work,” by Iggy Azalea. This song from Australian rapper Iggy Azalea is a motivational tune detailing the artist’s life.
- “Banana Pancakes,” by Jack Johnson. Anyone looking for a soothing, slow start to the morning can appreciate the crooning tunes of Jack Johnson, such as in his “Banana Pancakes” song.
- “Here Comes the Sun,” by The Beatles. Even on dreary mornings, it’s hard not to smile listening to one of the world’s most legendary bands play a happy tune like this one.
- “Walking on Sunshine,” by Katrina & The Waves. This classic 1980s tune is a peppy choice that makes you want to sing in the shower.
Types of Morning Bathroom Playlists
The mood of your morning playlist is all up to you — do you want to feel soothed, cheerful or energized? Start with the mood you’re after, and create a playlist that achieves it.
Here are a few examples of themes you might try:
- Relaxation. If your idea of a good morning is deep breaths and time to go at your pace, you might like a playlist of soothing songs meant to calm you. For this choice, stay away from fast beats and catchy tunes, and choose instead slower, quieter songs. Play your soundtrack each morning while you wake up gradually and get your bearings for the day ahead.
- Happiness. Put the good back in good morning with a set of happy tunes that make you smile! Whether this includes songs that get you dancing or tunes that bring back favorite memories is up to you.
- Sing-along. It’s hard to stay grumpy when you’re blasting lines from a favorite tune, so why not make the most of your morning with sing-along songs? Organize a playlist that you love to belt out, and play them while you’re showering and getting dressed for the day.
There’s nothing like a playlist to set the stage for a happy, productive day. To create the morning mood you’re after, use the playlist-creating tips above!