As the seasons change, so does home decorating — but while replacing a wreath on the front door every season is pretty easy, it’s not always clear how to put a spring touch on a more utilitarian space like the bathroom. You can’t exactly remodel the bathroom vanity fixtures every few months, and repainting the walls every season would get expensive fast. How can you put a fresh touch on your modern bathroom for the new season? Below, consider some ideas for your bathroom this time of year:
- Do a Deep Clean. Before redecorating, take a cue from the home tradition spring is most famous for and give your bathroom a good spring cleaning. Getting the bathroom vanity, shower, tub, toilet, tile and light fixtures in gleaming condition is a great way to make the space feel new — ready for your artistic touches.
- Change the Artwork. From autumn photographs to red and green Christmas frames, there are lots of ways to use the things you hang on the walls to celebrate the season. In spring, consider hanging photos of green trees, for example, just as in summer you might hang photos of trips to the beach. As long as your modern bathroom walls are neutral, it’s simple to add different accents each season that create a new color scheme. Pick some hues that feel like spring to you, from lots of white to shades of green, and incorporate them into the room’s design.
- Swap Bathmats. Take out the dark, heavy bathmat hues that signaled winter and replace them with lighter, brighter colors for a new spring season. Brightening things up fits with the longer daylight and warmer temperatures of spring, and it turns your bathroom into a cheerier place to spend time. Do the same with your towels and shower curtains — from darks to lights — to make the room feel ready for spring.
- Add a New Scent. From the hand soap at the sink to an air-freshening plugin by the counter, there are lots of ways to imbue spring smells in your bathroom to celebrate the time of year. Pick something with a clean smell to highlight what defines this season — something like rain fresh or a floral smell works well.
When you want to give your bathroom a lively spring look, use the tips above to get started. Season touches are a great way to have fun with your home and make it feel more cozy and loved. When little decorating touches aren’t enough to get your bathroom looking good, it may be time for a spring remodel. When it’s renovation that you’re after, come to us at Modern Bathroom for info. From beautiful vanities to modern sinks, we have the bathroom products you need to get your room looking showroom-ready. Contact us today to learn more!
Everybody from your real estate agent to your mother-in-law has probably been telling you that kitchens and bathrooms sell houses — but the only problem is that your bathroom isn’t exactly a showpiece in its current state. Even though you understand how important the bathroom is to selling, you aren’t sure what to change. If you decide to take on a bathroom remodel, what are your options? What works best? To make your property as attractive as possible in the minds of buyers, here’s where to focus your efforts:
- Fix What’s Broken. Whether it’s a lack of bathroom storage space or a faulty showerhead, when something in the bathroom isn’t in proper working order, that’s a turnoff to potential buyers. You’ve been using the bathroom, so consider what doesn’t work well. Could new bathroom vanities make the room more functional, adding space to store cosmetics and other supplies? Could little shower updates like a new showerhead or new caulking make enough of a difference to make the bathroom impressive? Do you need a new toilet or to replace chipped tile? Start your remodeling project by thinking about what people want to see in sinks, showers, tiling and so on. Then, at the very least, make your bathroom one where everything is fixed.
- Out with the Old. Vintage bathrooms can be fun and funky, but if it’s maximum selling power you’re after, be sure to update. Consider remodeling the bathroom from an outdated room into a sleek, modern masterpiece — at Modern Bathroom, we can help you determine how best to move from an old-fashioned look to a contemporary style. Whether it’s by replacing the flooring, refinishing the tile or overhauling the room top to bottom, we’re here to help.
- Appearances Matter. When talking about resale value, looks are important. Potential buyers evaluate bathrooms in terms of visuals — the colors, the style, the layout and the fixtures. To capture their interest, pay the most attention to the aesthetics of your bathroom, even more than to the high-end features no one sees. Buyers like to see new cabinets, new vanities, new showers, etc., because updated signals quality and value. If it’s within your budget to take on a complete bathroom remodel, it might be worth doing.
- Small Details Matter. While new vanities and new tiling are the kinds of upgrades everyone notices quickly, don’t neglect the little touches like cabinet hardware, sink faucets and bathroom mirror frames. The small details in your bathroom design can either complement or take away from the room’s value — let yours be assets instead of hindrances.
When it comes to replacing bathroom vanities or updating showers, Modern Bathroom is proud to be your No. 1 resource. Backed by years of experience in the industry, we have a team of experts committed to quality on every job — so when you want to take on a bathroom project in the Los Angeles area, come to us.
Contact us today!