Planning a bathroom renovation? Ready to upgrade an old-fashioned space to a more modern look? Here’s the thing: Whether you’re putting in a double vanity or installing a new glass shower enclosure, it’s all too easy to let little details slip through the cracks. To avoid making mistakes that will call for more renovations later, you’ve got to think strategically about your remodeling tasks. With that in mind, from changing the vanity style to overhauling the entire space, use this checklist to help cover your bases:
- Set your budget. One of the biggest problems homeowners run into with remodeling projects is unexpected costs. Determine upfront how much you can afford to spend. Then, add an extra 10 to 15 percent, at least, to account for unexpected expenses that may arise.
- Shop around. Once you know your budget, you can start shopping contractor costs and/or features like popular bathroom sinks, faucets, tiles and other fixtures. Sticking to your intended cost limits, select the products that work for you — and use Modern Bathroom to find some of the best prices in the industry on everything from tubs to sinks!
- Get permits. Will you need building, electrical or plumbing permits for your project? Find out upfront and obtain whatever necessary.
- Schedule your tasks. Will you be remodeling from the ground up, or are you mainly changing a few small features? Whether you’re adding single-hole bathroom faucets or replacing tile, know exactly what you need to do, and schedule accordingly. Just like you budget financial costs, budget how much time your project should take.
- Take “before” photos. Right before work starts, be sure to take some photos to memorialize the way the bathroom looked. Afterward, when the project is done, you’ll love being able to compare.
- Do prep work. If you’re hiring a contractor, create a prep area for him or her by clearing space where tools and gear can go. Likewise, clean out the bathroom of all toiletries, grooming products, etc., and create a temporary replacement area for your household to use while work is underway.
- Communicate. If you have a contractor doing the work, connect often to see how things are going and find out about any hiccups that may be causing issues.
- Inspect the work. Regularly check in to see how the work is going and, if you spot any problems, address them before they can grow into bigger ones.
Whether you’re managing the renovation yourself or hiring a contractor, following a renovation checklist can help you avoid typical problems. While the process may seem involved before and during work, the rewards after completion will make it all worthwhile. Make the most of your renovation project by following the above checklist of tasks! Likewise, to find the best prices on bathroom features, Modern Bathroom can help. Browse our website to find the perfect vanity, sink, faucet or something else for your bathroom.
If you are working on a bathroom remodel and wondering what a true “must-have” is, here’s a tip: For a trendy shower remodel with some surefire staying power, consider adding glass shower doors. Moving away from an old-school shower curtain to the sleek and modern look of glass doors is a popular remodeling choice today — and with good reason. Glass doors expand the sense of space in the bathroom, they come in a variety of designs, and they cut down on water spills and maintenance work.
Benefits of Using Glass Doors
Many modern bathroom designers are taking advantage of this bathroom feature because it’s a smart choice. To demonstrate the value of adding glass doors to your shower, here’s a look at some top benefits that come from adding glass shower doors to your bath:
- A Larger Bathroom Feel: Because glass doors elongate the look of your room rather than boxing off part of the space, they can create a larger, longer feel for the whole room. There’s more room for light to bounce throughout the space, and you enjoy a more spacious, comfortable design.
- Showcased Shower Design: Let’s face it: The custom tile or stonework in your shower is too beautiful to hide. So instead of tucking it behind a shower curtain, use glass doors that let everyone get the full effect.
- Versatility: Because glass shower doors come in a variety of sizes and shapes, they can work in a wide range of bathroom designs. Whether your bathroom style is modern or traditional, you can find something that works for you. Likewise, you get to choose from small panels, doors, frosted glass, clear glass and more.
- Low Maintenance: While shower curtains tend to trap moisture, glass panels are easy to wipe, preventing the accumulation of mold and mildew. A low-maintenance bathroom feature that’s as beautiful as it is resilient? That’s a feature you can’t help but love.
- Less Water Spillage: Another big perk of glass doors is that they fully enclose the shower so that water can’t spill out onto the nearby floors and fixtures like it does with standalone showers. Keeping water inside the shower where it belongs helps you avoid unnecessary spillage and messes throughout your space.
- Reduced Slip-and-Fall Area: Shower doors minimize wet floors. The less wet the floor in your space, the less chance that someone will accidentally slip and fall.
From easier maintenance to increased safety, glass shower doors are a bathroom feature with a lot to offer! So when you’re wondering how to up the value of your bathroom with a remodeling project, consider working this attractive, streamlined shower option into your new space.
Finding Glass Doors at Modern Bathroom
At Modern Bathroom, we offer a variety of shower doors/enclosures in our online catalog, all at factory-direct prices and with free shipping. What’s more, thanks to our 110 percent money-back guarantee, we’ll refund 110 percent of the difference if you find the same product anywhere else for a lower price within 30 days of your purchase. Search our website to learn more about our top brands, or contact us today with any questions.