There is a large, ever-growing segment of the American population, age 50 and over, who intend to remain in their homes for as long as they possibly can, living comfortably and independently. This phenomenon is known as “aging in place”, and MTI’s extensive product range can fully support this, offering a broad selection of Universal Design bathroom products that can accommodate the needs of the inhabitants with versatility and style.
Over time, however, needs may change and requirements may become more specific, such as those resulting from mobility factors. Should this need arise, MTI’s Walk-In tub is designed to sensitively accommodate those who are mobility-challenged.
MTI BASICS® Walk-In Tub is fully featured, with a welded steel frame with adjustable leveling “feet” for stability; slip-resistant textured bottom and 2 acrylic grab bars for security; fast drain for convenience; and a light-weight easy-to-latch door for ease of operation. Measuring 51.375” x 30” x 36”, the Walk-In Tub is available with optional acrylic end panels or extension panel to finish-off a full 60” width opening. Of course, you can also do a custom installation such as the one shown above, limited only by your imagination.
The Walk-In Tub can also be ordered with high-quality hot and cold high-flow filler valves with handles and a Virtual Spout high-flow tub filler, eliminating the potential obstacle of a filling spout. Also included with this package is a hand-held shower with diverter. And very importantly, it’s available as a soaker, air bath or whirlpool, with an optional inline heater available for all three.
For increased bather comfort, MTI’s Radiance® tub surface heating system may be added. This unique feature uses radiant heat to warm the seat and backrest of the tub before, during and after the bath.
So if it is a walk-in tub that is needed, MTI goes beyond with the right product and the right features, at the right price.
All Walk-in Tub Configurations:
- Fiberglass / titanium / resin with a marine-grade high-gloss gelcoat finish.
- Available colors are white and biscuit.
- Stainless steel structural frame with 6 leveling legs.
- Front removable acrylic panels for equipment access if necessary.
- Left- or right-hand drain location (must specify when ordering).
- Light-weight marine-grade door with easy-to-latch stainless steel hardware.
- 2 acrylic grab bars for security.
- Quick release cable drain included in chrome, plus door safety drain.
- 2-year residential warranty, 1-year commercial warranty.
Additional Features When Ordered With Factory-Installed Valve Package:
- Virtual Spout high-flow tub filler with Breda valve backflow prevention device. Eliminates
potential obstacle of a filling spout for mobility-challenged individuals. Available in chrome finish.
- Premium Sigma® Roman tub valves with deck-mounted hand-held shower and diverter valve.
available in chrome finish.
Additional Features For Whirlpools:
- Six fully-adjustable point-massage jets.
- 1-bhp whisper-quiet pump with silent air volume control
Additional Features For Air Baths:
- Twenty low-profile air jets are installed around the perimeter of the bathing area with color-
matching air caps. Each jet has an independent check valve preventing water and residue
from entering the air lines.
- 3/4 bhp heated blower with automatic purge that dries the air jets 20 minutes after use.
Features and Benefits of Radiance®:
is a tub surface heating system designed to warm the interior surface of the tub.
- Radiance utilizes electric heating grids for 2 zones: backrest area and seat of the tub. Grids are
integrated in the tub structure.
- Low-voltage design. Uses energy equivalent to a standard light bulb. Designed to remain on
at all times to ensure a warm surface during entry and throughout the bathing process.
Information regarding the return policy of your custom-built MTI Whirlpools product is available here.
View Spec Sheet
Note: This item usually ships in 14 business days from the manufacturer. Please allow an additional 2-3 business days for order transmittal and verification.