Standard Features (All MTI BASICS baths):
- Durable, Lucite® high-gloss cross-linked cast acrylic in White
- Bath reinforcement consisting of a thick layer of fiberglass/titanium/resin, plus 1/2" metal reinforcement in all sides
- Textured bottom meets ASTM F-462-1994 slip resistance
- 2-year residential warranty
Air Baths add:
- 6 fully-adjustable point-massage jets
- 1 bhp whisper-quiet pump with silent air volume control
- 3/4 bhp heated blower with automatic purge that dries the air
system lines 20 minutes after use
- Twelve 6-port low profile air jets (72 air streams) installed on
the tub floor with color-matching air caps
- Pre-leveled foam base
Manufacturers place pumps and blowers in a standard location that works best for most customers. Each tub has a standard location which is listed on the manufacturers spec sheet.
Pumps and blowers may also be placed in a custom location if it works better for your project. A drawing is required for a custom location. Please note drain location on spec. We are happy to contact you after your order for this information.
Soaking and soaker tubs do not have pumps or blowers. For these tubs choose Tub only (No pump and/or blower).
A tile flange is used when a wall is built on the deck of a tub, this may be one or more walls. Tile flanges help to create a seal between your walls and tub.
Drain location needs to be specified for all tile flanges.
Tile Flange Kit - Rigid ABS material is bonded to the tub shell ensuring a water-tight installation.
Integral Tile Flange - A 3/4" acrylic flange molded into the tub at the factory. Available only in a 3-sided flange for a rectangular tub and 2-sided flange for a corner tub.
| || |
| || || |
These systems use electricity to maintain bath water heat, not to heat cold water. The thermostat for these systems is pre-set by the manufacturer to maintain bath water temperature at a very comfortable 102 degrees Fahrenheit, so the bather can enjoy the bath longer. You'll never have to sit in chilly bathwater again!
For Soakers and Air Baths
Water is drawn in through an intake and a 650-watt heater, then re-introduced into the bath through an output with negligible disturbance to the water. This system uses a re-circulating pump activated by an on/off switch.
A 650-watt heater, activated by whirlpool pump, is designed to to maintain water temperature at 102°F, not to heat cold water.